Sunday 10 August 2014

a review : Tarte clean slate poreless 12-hr perfecting primer


I was in a serious need of a new primer. My Benefit That Gal primer which I was using for years finally ran out and I was using Benefit's porefessional as primer. However I think that the porefessional wasnt a good primer for me as I had to use it over my acne and I needed it to last for a whole day (but its still great for covering pores).The lady working at Sephora recommended this to me. She said it would not break me out and it would help my makeup stay for the whole day. Sold.

This primer contains tons of natural ingredients : avocado, safflower seed, enchinacea root extract, hibiscus flower extract, t5 super fruit complex. It is formulated without : parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate and synthetic fragrance. Plus its cruelty free!

On to the actual review--
I can vouch that this primer does make my makeup last for the entire day (more than 12 hours) and it doesnt make my face feel cakey or gross (note i have super oily skin). It is mattifying so oily skin girls would probably like this. One downside of this primer is that it did not cover my pores even though this primer claims to cover pores. However it does make your face look smoother as it covers fine lines.It did not break me out which is a huge plus.

I find that my concealer applies smoother with this primer as my base and it helps to set the concealer in place. The primer comes out clear and it is something like a gel-like-silicone primer. So it does make your face feel really smooth.

The packaging is simple : a purple squeezy tube. I like that its in a tube because I can squeeze out the desired amount and I wont waste any product.



If you can see, the lines on my hand from where i applied the primer arent as visible
Overall, I really love this primer despite the fact that it didnt cover my pores. But I would still recommend it to anyone. I think that it will be more suitable for normal-combination-oily skin.

Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. That is AMAZING! I'm currently looking for a good
    primer and I was going to go for Benefit's the Porefessional but
    I think I might try this out.
    Thanks for posting!

    ♥ http://ahappinessundefined.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! but you should definitely try out the porefessional too :)

      Delete